The Swedish House

It is my great pleasure to highlight this Swedish inspired home. It's located in Boone, North Carolina, and it's presently for sale. So, if you're in the market for a million dollar home ($1,200,000 to be exact), then this house might be for you! Not only is the house itself amazing, but it has the most magnificent mountain views as well.

I actually had the opportunity to tour this home in person (just to view, not to buy!). It is so much more spectacular in real life than pictures could ever capture. It was once featured in Better Homes and Gardens, and I read that the designer flew to Sweden for inspiration. What a hard, hard life.

This house has bursts of color that my own house will never see, but I really do enjoy seeing color in other people's homes. Talk about cheery! This house comes completely furnished even down to the silverware...can you imagine?! Yes, my design aesthetic could definitely transform instantaneously. How about you?






The designer had an artist come and paint the owner's children's portraits on some of the doorway headers. I so wish I had better pictures of the portraits. (you can sort of see one in the golden circle below). They are giving an allowance for the same artist to come back and paint new portraits for the lucky buyers.

This is what you see upon entering the living area. Isn't it absolutely fabulous?


Murals like this were throughout the first floor:


I wish I had a better close-up of the fireplace. The tile work is beautiful, both on the downstairs fireplace and the master bedroom.


I love the turquoise beams in the dining room. Hmm, that's something I never thought I would utter. This house has magical powers, I tell you.



Could this kitchen be any more darling? How about some sunny yellow cabinets to go with those turquoise beams?

I'll take this bedroom, thank you very much:

On second thought... sleeping by a window with that crisp mountain air breezing through might be the ticket:

Although...I could see curling up on this cozy bench seat with a book and some hot tea and a biscuit. Yes, this might be the room for me:

Here is the MLS listing. If you end up buying it, please invite me over! I promise to be super quiet. I'll cook. And clean. And really... I could sleep anywhere in this house.

24 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am madly in love with this house, it is just my style with all the color, I think I love the kitchen the best. In fact, I just finished painting the bedroom a cheery yellow today. I'm a color gal for sure. I can't afford it but if I could you could definitely come over.

    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love boone! we spent our honeymoon there! the house is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the colors in that kitchen! And those turquoise beams....yummy!! What a great place to live...I'd never want to leave!! Thanks for sharing!! I might have to go take a visit since it's not too far from me (greensboro). They may have to force me to leave though! lol!

    Hana

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tour of a very special and unique home!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and I love those turquoise beams as well. The more subdued bedrooms are much more my style, but everything is incredible. Those murals...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very interesting house. Fun to see something so unique and well thought out. After all the effort put into it I cannot imagine selling every little piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Rie - what a spectacular house! It is very grand and furnished so beautifully. I have to say the softer coloured rooms are more my style, but it is so unique and special! Thank you so much for sharing this house with us. Unfortunately I am on the wrong continent to purchase it, but I hope it finds a lovely new owner soon. ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous home - I love that entrance with those lovely doors and stained glass x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post, but i like your house better

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice to look at...but i'll take my style! just sayin... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Gorgeous! I can't help but notice that you get A LOT more for 1 million there, than you do here in California. My word!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Definitely more color than my home will ever see as well, but gorgeous none the less!!! I can't even imagine spending $1.2M on a house! Incredible...

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a sucker for Swedish design. I'm not a huge fan of the exterior, but the inside is gorgeous! I love the furnishings and the bold use of color. Love it! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    well being from Sweden my heart strated beating faster I can tell you that.
    The house is very Carl Larsson inspiered, wonderful to see. I wish I lived closer.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Bodil.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this house. Love Swedish design, although I don't incorporate it much in my own homes. I was reminded of Carl Larsson. Just discovered your blog. I love white decorating for our second home in the wine country. Our home in the city is color, color, color though. I'm inspired by your style. Come see me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little blog world has inspired me...and I'm linking you to a blog happy award. Thanks for being one of the happy spots I love to visit!
    Julie
    www.juliejohnsonblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have a little guy we call 'boone' and we pass through boone every year when we go on vacation! :)

    what a bright and happy home! i am intrigued at the children's portraits above the doorways...how perfectly personal. i like it. :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The stairs and balcony remind me of, "The Sound of Music." So of course I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The kitchen is soooooo cute! I love the colors! How nicely the gorgeous pots and pans hanging from the ceiling go with it!
    Your daughter,
    Paris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh! My husband went to college in Boone! I didn't think anyone else ever heard of it. I'll have to show him later.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just can't stop looking at this pictures. I want to live in this house!!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. why are you selling and with all contents? I hope it is because you are moving to Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Take a look at Lilla Hyttnas (http://www.clg.se/engarden.aspx) if you love this (as I do) . . .WOW. Wonder if it's sold?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...