Pure and Good

My husband knows that one of the best ever presents for me is an Anthropologie gift certificate. Last time he blessed me with one, I was delighted to find this bottled soap dispenser.



I happened to have found it right after we installed our giant farmhouse sink. The big size of the bottle mixed with it's vintage look went perfectly with the sink. I think.



After the liquid soap it came with ran out, I refilled it with a lavender and mint dish soap. Super handy for both dishes and hands. And it smells delightful.




The bottle has the words "pure & good" embossed on the front. I just LOVE the phrase and couldn't think up anything better than that. I love the script font they chose for it too. Again... just perfect.



The soap dispenser came with a lovely fabric tag attached, and I was tempted to keep it on.



But then I thought it would take away from the whole vintage feel. Without the tag, it looks like it might have been picked up at a flea market. And that's the look I was going for.



It also comes in a smaller size, and as a set with lotion. The metal holder is adorable, don't you think? But for our kitchen, I was drawn to just the one. Bare. Pure. And good.



It's still for sale here at Anthropologie.

20 comments:

  1. I love any time I can take a product OUT of it's flashy, plastic container and put it INTO something that looks old, sturdy, homey. Love this. (But love the sink more!! : ) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I want it too!! Just posted about the set as an idea for a hostess gift. Isn't Anthro the best?! Your sink and faucet are just gorgeous by the way...I would love a farmhouse sink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Shelley above. On both counts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HEART ANtro too! I love picking up little do dads that make me feel I've made a small but important change in the room! GREAT husband you must have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for pretty liquid soap dispensers, as we have them everywhere in our home! Anthropologie is a beautiful store indeed..Rachaelx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it...gonna find a way to have it! I *heart* anthro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous Rie, fortunately we can now shop at Anthro as well. Must go as see if they will ship it to Oz! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful sink!
    The bottle looks beautiful next to it. I am glad i am not the only one in the world that gets excited about little things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How perfect. Love your blog. Love THAT sink. Love the soap dispenser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it and I am probably going to have to get one!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the soap dispenser and I really love your sink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the soap dispenser! Do you mind sharing where you got your faucet? We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and we are on a quest for a new faucet.
    Health and happiness,
    Angela
    http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very lovely Rie. The certainly complement the gorgeous style of your kitchen! ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  14. i bought the same one too & i can't wait to get rid of the lemon soap, which is yummy but i prefer my lavender soap more!
    of course, yours looks much more fab on your fantastic farmhouse sink!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute ~ what a nice gift!! love the sink! It is amazing!!

    Stop by if you can to see my master bedroom makeover....and to enter my jeanne d'arc giveaway!!

    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! Like you I love Anthro,and a Treat to wonder around...always an inspiration!

    thank you for the great post

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found you over at Tina's blog and am so glad I did! I'm in love with your soap dispenser! Have a wonderful day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  18. It does look lovely with your sink Rie and you are right, taking the tag off makes it look like a flea market find =0)
    Beautiful...will have to go and have a look.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just bought the soap/lotion set. I'm using the metal box as a tea bag holder in the kitchen, and after the lotion runs out I'll refill it with a different soap and keep that one in the kitchen.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...