What I’m Thankful For

Charlotte_Sterling

I could start a whole blog based around all the things I'm thankful for (maybe that's not such a bad idea).  Even the hard things in life are blessings in disguise, if we choose to look at them that way.

Today, I'm reflecting back two years ago where I spent Thanksgiving Day in Poland.  I was in Warsaw, finishing up the final weeks of the adoption of our new daughter.  The rest of my family had already gone back home, and I would have been stuck in a hotel room alone with Charlotte if it hadn't been for two other American adoptive families, who invited me along to share in their Thanksgiving festivities. 

So, we feasted on Pierogies and expressed thankfulness together for the blessings of  the three special needs children sitting around the table with us that day.

This year, we are spending Thanksgiving with good friends.  Between the four families celebrating together today, 11 of the children have been adopted. 

So today, once again, I'm reminded and thankful that "God sets the solitary in families..." Psalm 68:6 and "He defends the cause of the fatherless.." Deut. 10:18. 

evacharlotteface
Thank you Lord for caring for these little ones.

23 comments:

  1. You and your beautiful family have a wonder-filled day today. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family that you are blessed to have. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always humbled by your wonderful family. We don't have Thanksgiving here, but it is a wonderful thing to do, so enjoy yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing that four families have 11 adopted children between them. I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving with all of your beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is so beautiful and touching. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful.happy thanksgiving to all my American blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful for wonderful people like yourself. Your post touched my heart. Thank you for reminding us that Thanksgiving is more than a dinner.
    I am a new follower(fan). Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. rie, this is beautiful.
    that baby girl of yours is beautiful.
    your heart is beautiful

    thank you for sharing
    please don't ever shut down this blog of yours. you are a light!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy thanksgiving!! such a blessing!!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adoption is a wonderful thing and I am so inspired by families like yours that open up to welcome others in. Thank you for sharing it with us. God bless you and yours this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do such wonderful "God's" work. And your daughter is lovely. What a great family she is a part of.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of your family.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing Rie. Your insight always brings a blessing. Libby

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post made me cry! Adoption has been on my heart since I was a little girl and my husband and I have actually started the process twice now but he just isn't quite ready for it. Reading this just touched my heart! I hope you and your family had a beautiful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your blog is lovely!
    happy thanksgiving to you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. okay friend. i'm crying.

    he does defend the cause of the fatherless.

    this girl is praying about another adoption....

    shh...don't tell my husband...I'm gonna let God break it to him if it's what HE has for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post!! You and your family are such a blessing. Elma
    elma2179@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful little girl! She is lucky to have been found by such a loving family! What a lovely story of thankfulness!

    cindy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've read about your lovely Charlotte and it's interesting to hear a little more about her background. She is like a beautiful, soft little doll! Much love to her and your family..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful cause for thanksgiving indeed. Charlotte and your family are both so blessed! I love the sweet photo of 2 sisters sharing a moment. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know you nor do you know me, but we share the same Savior and I am blessed that He has given you and your husband a heart of compassion. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...