Beauty at the Barbershop

barber1

They just don’t make things like they used to.

barber7

Which is why I’m so drawn to antique stores and the like… 

barber3

Always on the lookout for that extra special piece.

barber6

Well, this has got to be our most unique find yet.  An old barber shop mirror turned sideboard. 

barber2

This piece has replaced our old mantel.  Yes, that same one we installed not too long ago.  (embarrassing)

barber5

Plans not tended to tend to change.  Needless to say, the fireplace insert project never happened.  But this barbershop piece fits in better with our new demolition plans.  Stay tuned!

Several little birdies have congratulated me on being mentioned in the Flea Market Style 2011 magazine:

fleamarketstyle2

But I have yet to get my hands on it!  It’s not from lack of trying.  For two weeks now I’ve combed the racks and nada!  Even yesterday!  I’ve only had a sneak peak from Urban Farmgirl:

urbanfarmgirl

To say I feel honored is an understatement.  Thank you so much Flea Market Style!  I chose Revival Antiques in Raleigh as my favorite place to shop.  They started out as a booth at the Raleigh Flea Market, but now have a showroom and warehouse in downtown Raleigh. 

The showroom has a mix of accessories and furniture that they have repurposed:

showroom

But the warehouse is my favorite part…stuffed full of treasure just waiting to be polished up… or beat up, depending on your style ;)  My kind of shopping:

warehouse

I have bits of Revival sprinkled all throughout my home.  The barbershop piece being the latest, but definitely not the last.

barber1

To learn more about Revival Antiques, click here.

34 comments:

  1. Wow! What an incredible addition to your home. I lived many years in Raleigh and spent almost every weekend at the flea market. I so miss it as there is nothing like it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rie,
    congrats on your blog feature in fms...it was so exciting to see so many of my favorite blogs listed in the magazine!
    love your latest treasure and how you incorporated it into your home. i'm curious to know what it looked like before you added your signature to it. was this all one piece?
    i must check out revival on our next trip to the south. i wish it were tomorrow, this snow/cold is getting old!
    judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rie, you never cease to amaze,... also I really love "the baber shop" I wonder what is happening to the mantle? I'll write an e-mail soon, I have some exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it....you're home is beautiful...looking forward to new demolition plans!

    beautiful piece that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops! congrats on the flea market style mention....no surprise to anyone that you were listed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm a hairstylist and I would die to get my hands on a piece like that! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful piece, and I LOVE your front door!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous piece! Looks fantastic!
    Congrats on the magazine mention!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so beautiful Rie a terrific find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found you through urbanfarmgirl. Congrats on the Flea Market Style Mention.
    I also live in Raleigh. Thanks for the antique shop mention, now a new place to rummage through.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rie! Oh my goodness! You just have to get your hands on a copy! I have an extra...email me your address and I will be happy to send it your way!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the barber shop mirror. What a lucky find.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my it looks soososo fantastic!!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely piece! It looks fantastic! Congrats on your magazine mention too.. must have been soo exciting! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Breathtaking piece. I just love the uniqueness! I'm so glad Flea Market honored you. Your style and blog and a sweet find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE it Rie!!!;) Hugs~ Rachel

    French Farmhouse 425

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you were featured in the magazine, otherwise I may never have found you. Love all your things!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations for being featured in the magazine. Great flea market find, it looks wonderful and so original.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Revival Antiques too and I have one of their pieces (a small sideboard). Love the Raleigh flea market too- NC all around has wonderful antiquing....Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous and so unique, wow. That's just a really cool piece.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! I love all the detail and history!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Classy and with great style! Where did you get those groovy green glass jars with dark metal looking lids?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! Just found you from the Flea Market article. Found my copy at Borders! Love the barbershop piece!! Just fabulous...now I can read back, back, back to see what else you have been up to! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous and definitely one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello,

    Congratulations on the Flea Market write up! That is so great and well deserved. Also your barbershop furniture is beautiful.
    Lovely decor.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  26. congrats on that FANTASTIC feature!!!! I agree with their great words about you!
    -{darlene}
    fieldstonehilldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it! I've also spent many hours in antique warehouses. :) When I was younger I hated being stuck there with my mom "forever," but now I wish I could go more often!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness - what an amazing piece!!!! THAT is truly the star of the room, isn't it?? Beautiful! Just beautiful, Rie! And congrats on the mention in FMS mag! I was doing the happy dance for you! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gosh that is beautiful! It would be perfect for an entry way with the mirror, the table and drawers. And that it has a story to it makes it even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This piece is incredible! I may or may not have just decided to plan a trip to Raleigh. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. that piece is killer.
    i love it.
    and i saw you in the mag yesterday! awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...