There’s a chill in the air and the evenings are getting shorter. We’re breaking out the sweaters and socks and having bonfires over here in Mr. Roger’s neighborhood. Two in one weekend! Conversation with friends, hot chocolate and s’mores… marking the change of seasons. There’s nothing like it!
I’d like to share my favorite chili recipe… perfect for fall! Every time I make this, I get rave reviews. And like every other recipe I post on my blog, it’s easy too. With almost 1300 five star reviews on Allrecipes.com, you know it’s gotta’ be good! Using Verde salsa is key to this recipe.
Our favorite brand of salsa is Pepper Dog Salsa, you can find out where to buy it here.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
- Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.
Another weekend treat was seeing the movie Courageous in the theater with our boys. I know people’s opinions of movies are so subjective, and because of that I don’t usually recommend any.
But this one is different. If you have a man in your life…whether it be an older son, a father, a brother, a husband, a co-worker, or a friend… please bring them to see this movie. It’s the type of movie that will affect everyone in one way or another. It very well could be life-changing. Go see it!