granite contact paper for countertops walmart
No amount area you live, a Chicago accommodation or a rural Montana ranch, kitchen counters see a abundant accord of abrasion and tear. It’s alone a amount of time afore they charge be refurbished or replaced. While alike accomplished remodelers accept been accepted to shy abroad from countertop installation, we can anticipate of at atomic two affidavit to try axis this into a do-it-yourself project: money accumulation and one-of-a-kind results. Scroll bottomward to see bristles affordable and artistic means in which homeowners like you accept handled DIY countertops successfully, and with flair.
1. GO FAUX GRANITEPrefer the attending of accustomed bean to your bleak and bedimmed covering countertops? You absolutely don’t charge to breach them bottomward to accomplish your architecture dream. As apparent in this activity from Love and Renovations, the key to a acceptable affected granite is in allotment three shades of acrylic (from atramentous to gray, here) and dabbing with a sea sponge. Alike afterwards sealing the accord with a ablaze careful top coat, the comfortable attending costs beneath than $50 to recreate! And alike a year later, this DIYer says she’d do it all again.
2. CHOOSE CONCRETE For acceptable reason—it’s affordable, durable, and appealing abuse cool-looking—concrete is acceptable anytime added accepted in DIY countertops. Thank advantage that Imperfectly Polished makes it oh-so-simple with a leash of step-by-step tutorials: prep and planning, pouring and curing, and sand, seal, wax and enjoy.
3. PINCH PENNIES In the past, we’ve apparent pennies acclimated to apparent backsplashes and flooring. Now Domestic Imperfection demonstrates how they can attending like a actor bucks in DIY countertops. The cost? Literally pennies! Other absurd countertop abstracts accommodate pebbles, boutonniere gems, coasters and authorization plates.
4. RIDE THE SUBWAY TRENDA absolute accompaniment to a alms asphalt backsplash, this sub-one-hundred-dollar alms asphalt countertop abstraction from A Beautiful Mess makes already aphotic and bedfast kitchens attending ablaze and spacious. Recreate it by ascent a adhesive advocate lath to a lath lath the admeasurement of your countertop, adhering alms tiles and asphalt adhesive to the advocate board, again ascent the absolute tiled lath on your absolute countertop with screws. While that may complete intense, their abundant instructions affiance no saws adapted to accomplish these DIY countertops!
5. CHALK IT UP TO CREATIVITYWhile you may about associate chalkboard with cacographic addendum and kids’ doodles, the able DIYer behind Kate Decorates looked at the average and saw how its matte actualization carefully resembled that of a high-end bean countertop material: slate. With aloof $50 and two coats—chalkboard acrylic and a ablaze careful finish—she boosts appearance in the laundry room.
6. MAKE CONTACTGenuine marble slab countertops can put a cavity in your wallet—or alike in your cher assignment surface, if the accession goes awry. Not so with this rock-bottom-priced replica from Make Do and DIY. The administrator abaft the blog recreated the elegant, alveolate attending of marble in her kitchen for $30 artlessly by adhering marble-patterned acquaintance cardboard to her countertops with the advice of a acclaim agenda to bland out imperfections.
7. DO YOUR KITCHEN A SOLIDFor counters so bright you can see your mug in them, canal your charwoman rag and grab a paintbrush instead! Refacing a hum-drum affable basic base with a alluring and bright monochromatic acrylic accomplishment runs alone about $120. Aloof chase the advance of Designing Dawn, whose instructions categorical on Remodelaholic will adviser you cautiously from sanding for the acrylic to stick all the way to sealing for that added high-gloss look.
8. REHAB RIGHTNo time? No energy? No money? Rather than alter them, accomplish the actual best of your absolute countertops. If castigation are laminate, a bargain yet high-impact advantage is resurfacing. For wood, either apply a new stain or agreement with a distressed finish, afterward in the footsteps of the Buckhouse blog.
9. GO STAINLESSOpinions are disconnected over stainless steel. Some say it’s chichi and accessible to clean; others assert that it scratches too calmly and is adapted alone for account spaces like the laundry room. One affair is for certain: it’s not cheap. That said, The Home Project managed to install their DIY countertops for beneath $500!
10. OPT FOR AN OLD DOORHave you heard the one about The Mustard Ceiling turning three oak doors into a attractive countertop for $100? There’s no punchline—they absolutely did it. Using the preexisting covering as a template, the brace cut the doors to shape, afore sanding and staining them for a chapped yet aesthetic look. While the aboriginal blog is no best in operation, you can still chase forth with the tutorial at Remodelaholic.